1kg diced or cubed lamb
5-7 tablespoons of cooking oil
1 large onion (chopped)
2 large tomatoes (chopped)
4 tablespoons of mild curry powder
1 tablespoon mild chilli powder
1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1 teaspoon of cumin powder
1 teaspoon of coriander powder
1-2 teaspoons of salt (depending on your own taste)
4 cinnamon sticks
4-5 cardamom pods
2 tablespoons of garlic paste
3-4 curry leaves (dry)
1/2 to 1 cup of garden peas
500g baby potatoes (or cubed potatoes to about an inch cubed)
whole loaves of bread
1. Add oil to large pot and heat on medium high
2. Add onions and cook until lightly browned
3. Add all the spices (besides the curry leaves) garlic paste, tomatoes, 100-200ml water and cook while stirring and mixing it all together for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the meat and curry leaves and cook for 10-15 minutes until the meat is almost cooked.
5. Add the potatoes and peas and cook for a further 10-15 minutes
6. Add a little water and reduce the heat to simmer until the potatoes are soft (usually takes about an hour depending on the size of the potatoes, keep adding a little water as you do want sauce with this
once cooked take the bread and cut off as much as you want, hollow it out like a bowl and fill with curry, garnish with fresh coriander.